Sunday, April 17, 2011

longanisa -my own blend

i love longanisa since i was a young kid...sadly, my mom would seldom buy some because of the preservatives associated with it...i see that my kids share the same liking for this dish so i thought, why not make my own...i usually like it spicy, garlicky and sweet. so here is how i prepare the simplest longanisa in town:





longanisa recado y hamonado



ground pork,

lots of minced garlic,

black pepper,

finely chopped onions,

and sugar if you want it sweet

....mix all of the ingredients..then mold in the shape and size you prefer. i like them flat because they cook easier that way...keep in freezer-safe sealed container arranged in between wax sheets...thaw first before you fry. serve with spiced vinegar. enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to try this recipe... We love longanisa and prefer to prepare 'em with no preservatives... will let you know how it went..... Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete